Setting up WHMCS domain provisioning using the Krystal Domain Reseller Module
As part of selling hosting services you may wish to sell domains to your clients. To use your hosting service your customers will need to either transfer, point or register a new domain name.
Our WHMCS Krystal Domain Reseller module allows you to sell domain names to your customers.
Krystal's WHMCS Domain Reseller Module provides a direct API connection from your WHMCS to our platform for domain provisioning and management (transfer/renewal).
Download the module and setup a new API key
- The Krystal WHMCS Domain Reseller module details can be found within your Krystal Client Area within My Profile >> Your API keys.
- Here you will find a link to download the latest API release. Click the Download from GitHub button.You'll be taken to the latest release version page on GitHub where you can click the .zip link to download the module:
- You will also need to ‘Create new API key’ within your Krystal Client Area. Once created you will need to make a note of it and store it securely and safely as it will only be shown in full once. You will need this API secret key along with your API username from your Krystal Client Area in order to configure the module within WHMCS.
Click the Create New API Key button.Make a note of both your API Username and API Secret as you'll need them when you setup the module in WHMCS.
Upload the module
- Unzip the module package you downloaded in step 2.
- Using cPanel file manager, or FTP, create a krystal directory under /modules/registrar on your WHMCS server and copy the files from the corresponding directory in the zip package on to your server.Using File Manager simply ensure you're in the new krystal directory and click Upload, then drag the files to the Drop files here to start uploading area
Setup the module in WHMCS
- Login to your WHMCS admin area.
- From the Setup menu, hover over Products/Services and then click Domain Registrars.
Find Krystal in the registrar list and click Activate.
- Enter your API Username & API Secret and tick to charge your Credit/Debit card on file. If you don't have a card on file and/or your account doesn't have a credit balance your orders will fail.
Next Step: Setup Domains and Domain Pricing