Adding Google verification entries in to DNS
To make use of services such as Google Analytics and Search Console you will need to verify your domain.
Google ask you to do this by adding a TXT record to your DNS zone file.
We have a separate guide on Managing your DNS with the cPanel Zone Editor - this guide just focuses on adding the required TXT record.
This Google verification guide details the process they require you to complete - under the section titled Add a TXT verification record (any domain host). It includes instructions for obtaining your verification code.
- Within the cPanel DOMAINS section, click on Zone Editor.
- Click Manage next to the domain for which you are adding the verification code.
- Click the + Add Record drop-down arrow and click Add TXT Record
- You'll see an empty row for you input the required details:In the name we require that you add your domain name followed by a full stop e.g.
Leave the TTL at it's default and the Type set as TXT.
Copy and paste the Google site verification record in to the Record field.
Click Add Record button under Actions to finish
The full stop is important - this tells DNS that this a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) - if you leave the full stop off then your domain will be appended and you'll end up with
Which won't validate.
- You should now return to Google and complete the verification process - your TXT record should be picked up and your domain with be verified.